16 Sep 2019
16 Oct 2019
Bright Horizons Nurseries, awarded "Great Place to Work" for 14 years are currently recruiting for a Nursery Nurse, with a full and relevant level 3 or above childcare qualification to join our Bright Horizons Southampton Day Nursery and Preschool.
The role is working full time Monday to Friday between 8am-6pm and is offering a salary of between £17,076 - £26,000 per annum.
As a Nursery Nurse working with us, you can expect a competitive salary, excellent training and development as well as a caring and passionate place to work.
About the Nursery:
Bright Horizons Southampton Day Nursery and Preschool is located on Roberts Road, just a short walk from Southampton Central Station. Open Monday to Friday 8am-6pm, the setting offers childcare to 80 children between the ages of 3 months to 5 years, set out over three rooms, each tailored to a different age group.
93 % of our employees agree that "When I look at what we accomplish I feel a sense of pride"
Your role as Nursery Nurse will include:
* Being a key person carrying out all related responsibilities in building relationships with a small group of children and their families according to the EYFS
* Promoting positive relationships with parents, children and colleagues
* Ensuring health, safety and wellbeing of the children at all times
"5 out of 6 employees would recommend Bright Horizons as a Great Place to Work!"
You may have experience of the following: Childcare Practitioner, Early Years Practitioner, Play worker, Nursery Practitioner, Nursery Teacher, Early Years Educator.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Consistently deliver and plan rich learning opportunities and exceptional care that helps all children to develop and meets their individual needs.
* Make accurate and effective assessments, which reflect the needs, interests and stages of development of the child by supporting the delivery of the key person approach.
* Ensuring an enabling environment is providing consistent stimulating and inspiring activities for the children in both the indoor and outdoor area as a continuous provision.
* Ensure that British Values are incorporated and demonstrated through Early Years Foundation Stage learning and play.
* Safeguard and promote the health, safety and welfare of children in line with our child protection and keeping everyone safe policies and procedures.
* Ensure internal policies and procedures are adhered whilst also meeting the external legislation and guidelines from our governing bodies.
* Promote and follow guidelines implemented for managing behaviour including supporting children to manage their own feelings and behaviours.
* Continually work in partnership with colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of the children ensuring a diverse and inclusive approach is maintained at all times.
* Work experience within the Early Years sector.
* Sound understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
* Full and relevant Level 2/3 Childcare qualification.
* Current Paediatric First Aid if qualified after 30/06/2016.
We look forward to receiving your application!
If you experience any problems, please email and we will be happy to help.
Because of the nature of this job, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. Therefore, it is essential in making your application that you disclose any information requested in respect of applicable convictions and cautions (including, as applicable any reprimands or final warnings). This post may be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, in which case applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are 'spent' under the provision of the Act unless the conviction or caution is "protected" as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). Any such 'protected' conviction or caution is not subject to disclosure to employers, and cannot be taken into account. All guidance and criteria on the filtering of these cautions and convictions can be found in the DBS
filtering collection, available here: https://government/collections/dbs-filtering-guidance . The fact that a pending charge, conviction, caution, reprimand or final warning has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this role but any failure to disclose any such information will result in dismissal or disciplinary action.