Job Type: Permanent/ Full Time
Location: Edenbridge - Permanent
Salary: £18,033 per annum + benefits increasing after probation
Nursery Room Leader
This lovely day nursery requires a Nursery room leader to help manage and deliver nursery care to its children
This is a really lovely place to work with purpose built modern facilities, a friendly supportive team and a strong reputation.There are opportunities for career development overtime and many of the current staff have worked their way progressively through the company.
The ideal candidate will have NVQ level 3 in childcare or above with 2 years experience in a similar role or in a senior role with children.
Based in a beautiful rural location the role is worked on 10 hours per day over a 4 day pattern. Due to the rural location public transport access is limited.
* 22 days holiday
* Pension Scheme.
* 65% discount on meals
* Staff discount for Nursery Fees
The job responsibilities include:
* Working in partnership with and supporting the Nursery Manager and Deputy Nursery Manager/ Deputy Nursery Room Leader to ensure the daily running and administration of the nursery, adhering to the Policies & Procedures of the company and compliance with the Children Act, Health and Safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted/ CSIW and the National Standards. Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery.
* Occasional cover for Nursery Manager and/ or Deputy Nursery Manager/ other Room Leaders.
* Supervising Nursery Nurses and Students and carrying out supervisory meetings where appropriate under the guidance of the Nursery Manager and Deputy Nursery Manager/ Nursery Team Leader.
* Assisting with the planning of activities in a designated area of the nursery.
* Liaising with the Deputy Nursery Manager/ Deputy Nursery Room Leader Nurse in organising relevant staff, effective mentoring of junior staff, effective delegation and communication and promoting positive attitudes regarding the company.
* Attending regular meetings with the Nursery Manager/Deputy Nursery Manager, and participating in staff meetings.
* Assisting with staff inductions and helping new staff to fit into the nursery.
* Addressing staff and parent queries.
* The Nursery Room Leader must at all times ensure that only designated staff administers medication as recorded in the risk assessments.
* Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records.
* Assisting the Nursery Manager/Deputy Nursery Manager/Deputy Nursery Room Leader, participating in arranging regular parents' evenings, publicity, open weekends and children's outings and ensuring effective marketing.
The ideal candidate will have NVQ level 3 in childcare with 1 years experience in a similar role.
If you're looking to join a lovely team who really passionate about what they do and work with amazing children, please send your CV to [Click here to apply] or call Heidi on [Click here to apply]
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.