JOB TITLE:Nursing Care Manager (RGN)
REPORTING TO: Care Services Manager
MANAGEMENT OF: Nurses /Lead Carers / Care Staff
* Up to £55,000 salary with company bonus and pension scheme
* Company bonus scheme
* Flexible working in a beautiful environment
* Award-winning Employee Assistance Programme
* Subsidised meals
* Refer a friend cash bonus up to £1000 plus £50 Love2Shop voucher
* Uniforms provided
* Staff recognition schemes
* Occupational Health Support
* Access to hundreds of offers and discounts through our very own Signature Rewards Platform
* Plus cycle to work scheme, study support and more
This role will manage and co-ordinate care delivery and will be primarily responsible for promoting and delivering person centered care within Signature’s Care Philosophy, being mindful of resident’s age, gender, sexuality, ethnicity and spiritual needs. The post holder will work within a team ethos with the resident’s choices, dignity, independence and personal safety at the core of all clinical activity and will work within their professional accountability and competencies for their professional registration.
1. Organise allocation of named nurses and act as named nurse for identified residents ensuring all Risk Assessments, Personal Support Needs Asessments, Personal Support (care) Plans are in place, evaluated monthly or as necessary, promoting resident involvement and choice in this process. Attend Case Reviews, and during periods of planned leave the post holder will ensure all documentation is up to date and that a nominated person will assume this role in their absence.
2. To provide leadership and guidance for the running (in charge) of a defined area, ensuring resident care is delivered in line with their Personal Needs Assesment; this will include being available to offer professional advice and support to Senior Carers co-ordinating residential care areas. The post holder will respond to clinical emergencies irrespective of the care delivery status of residents.
3. Lead in managing monthly (routine) medication for a defined area.This may include supporting and mentoring Senior Carers to take on this role in residential areas under their supervision.
Each resident’s medication and treatment profile will be regularly monitored, to ensure each administration is as ordered and documented accurately.
4. To work with the Care Services Manager in developing and completing clinical, and environmental audits as per the agreed annual governance programme.
5. To ensure efficient stock control of clinical supplies, supporting efficient budget controls.
6. Provide direct care for residents including washing, dressing, support with nutrition and hydration. The post holder will be able to respond quickly to deterioration in resident’s clinical wellbeing and act to direct appropriate care in a timely way.
7. The adoption of a Link Nurse Role and take the lead for evidence based practice in a defined areas across the Signature site as agreed and supported by the Care Services Manager. – i.e. Continence, Infection Control, Tissue Viability, Nutrition, End of Life Care,etc.
8. Where agreed the post holder will extend clinical competencies and nursing practice to offer comprehensive services – Venepuncture, IVI Therapy, Ear Syringing etc.
9. Comply with the HR policies and procedures providing a role model for departmental staff.
10. To support a learning culture providing skills based experiential learning to care staff and act as a mentor. To deliver education and training to teams as appropriate, and will identify individual staff development needs, and where required will support individual performance management plans for identified staff.
11. Will work flexibly within contracted hours (days, nights, week ends, bank holidays) to ensure resources are used efficiently, and where chosen sign an opt out clause under Working Time Directives.
12. Wear the provided staff uniforms in order to reflect a positive Signature image.
13. When required support in the recruitment of staff.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
1. The post holder will maintain their personal responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Regulations, and compliance with the company Health and Safety Policy, ensuring safe working practices and the recommended storage of equipment, including but not exclusive to:
• Control of Substances Hazardous to Health, Electricity at Work, Lift & Lifting Equipment, Manual / Object Handling, Gas Installation & Use, Provision and Use of Work Equipment, Fire Precautions, Personal Protective Equipment, Legionella / Water Treatment, Waste Management, Reporting of Injuries, Diseases & Dangerous Occurrences Regulations.
2. Appraises and assesses measures used to prevent infection control hazards, taking into account the individual nursing, social, physical and psychological needs of the resident.
3. Follow and report all concerns and incidents in line with the company incident reporting procedure including safeguarding adults procedures
PERSON SPECIFICATION LEAD NURSE
CRITERIA Application Interview Test
Active NMC Registration.
2 Working knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
4 Able to prioritise work load and be able to work under pressure.
5 Ability to communicate and manage interpersonal relationships including influencing skills.
6 Post registration qualifications (ENB 997/8 etc. desirable)
7 Be able to plan implement evaluate and clearly document care delivery
8 Team Player, Decisive, Self Motivated, Pro Active, Flexible & Adaptable
9 Ability to communicate and manage interpersonal relationships
10 Awareness of COSHH and CQC regulations
11 Reasonable access outside of working hours in emergency situations