Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
As a self-employed Occupational Health Advisor working in a medical centre and on customer sites you will be responsible for the delivery of a full range of Occupational Health duties including Case management, medicals, health surveillance and Wellbeing services.
You will be able to demonstrate that you are customer centric and business focused, striving to make a difference by building business relationships and managing a business scorecard that demonstrates excellence of clinical performance for our customers.
You will act as a proactive advocate, mentoring other health professionals and actively supporting the clinical governance network and peer to peer review process.
You will support the growth of a dynamic occupational health business ensuring you deliver exceptional clinical performance coupled with taking an active role in the mentoring of other health professionals.
* Work in conjunction with our customers, either at a medical centre or customer site to provide support, advice and guidance to managers and employees in relation to sickness absence, workplace environment, risk assessment, stress management and return to work following absence.
* Conducting health surveillance / assessments including the undertaking of fitness to work in safety critical posts.
* Provide advice to managers and HR regarding staff who are considered incapable of undertaking their normal duties and responsibilities whilst working within the guidelines of customers policy
* Provide advice and support to managers and supervisors undertaking risk assessments relating to health matters affecting their staff.
* To ensure that knowledge is maintained of up to date legislation and best practice relating to all Occupational Health issues
To work with head office to increase utilization of the service in the described area, including covering evening clinics, where the client demand dictates.
* As part of the clinical team to own, update and communicate an agreed section of the clinical manual ensuring that it is up-to-date and referred to by the clinical teams
* To participate in the network learning opportunities and to undertake updates on clinical improvements and to actively completed performance related clinical goals. For example, delivery an update at a network day on a clinical innovation relevant to the network.
The post holder will work as part of a nationally based team supported by the network-based performance forum where learnings are shared on a positive and professional basis
This would be on a self-employed basis, both regular and ad-hoc days available.
* Confidence, assertiveness, tact, diplomacy and empathy when dealing with clients.
* Team working with a specific focus on timely and accurate delivery of results
* Adherence to the NMC Code of Conduct
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
* An approachable manner, being able to adapt the communication style depending on the situation
* Demonstrate good organisational Skills
The Occupational Health Advisor will be home based undertake work at Customer Sites and / or an Alere Healthcare Connections Medical Centre / clinics.
The role demands a pro-active engaged approach that is performance driven and based upon continuous clinical improvement and practice.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION:
* Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Occupational Health (and be on Part 3 of NMC Register) or be working towards this with evidence of continual professional development.
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* A qualification in Hand Arm Vibration and experience of collecting samples for drug and alcohol testing using chain of custody protocols is desirable.
* The ability to produce clear and concise reports to managers.
* The ability to carry out medicals / surveillance including audiometry, spirometry, skin assessment, HAVS and safety critical medicals
* The ability to conduct case management assessments
* Be able to work closely and effectively with HR, health and safety
professionals and our occupational health partners in order to provide an
efficient and cost effective service to our customers.
* Have the ability to identify key health issues and assist in the development and provision of procedures and solutions
* Be able to prioritise workload and use experience and initiative to refer
complex cases to the clinical governance team
* Be able to travel between sites
* Be competent in the use of computers including Microsoft and Excel software
Personal Qualities & Attributes:
Have the ability to advise and guide employees and managers in a supportive manner whilst maintaining good working relationships and keeping within policy guidelines.
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce