Drs Direct Ltd are actively recruiting on behalf of a leading provider within the Occupational Health services for an Occupational Health Advisor/Nurse.
You will be joining a proactive and motivated team to help provide on-site advice to employees to improve their health and support in returning them to work/maintaining their attendance.
General duties include:
* Provide professional advice, support and guidance to clients
* Assessing new clients presented to Occupational Health
* Assess an individual’s fitness to work for their appropriate job role
* Provide clinical assessments on clients presenting minor illness and/or injury
* Provide health surveillance
* Write letters to GP/Specialists in line with the Access to Medical Reports Act and GDPR.
* Support the Occupational Health Manager to advise, monitor and assess the clinical practice of the OH team
* Respond to Client/Manager’s requests for support/information on the working environment
* Provide competent treatments and successfully manage the referral of clients
* Maintain appropriate records
* Ensure clinical assessment skills are maintained in line with best practice
* Provide clinical support and cover to all Peripatetic Occupational Health Clinics managed within the contract
* Provide clinical support to the first aid provision on site
* Prioritise and manage the clinical caseload generated by the various clients
Qualifications and Experience
* NMC registered RGN
* Administering vaccines and phlebotomy
* OH Qualification to diploma or degree level is preferred however not essential
* Experience of covering the Full OH remit
* Able to carry out all aspects of Health Surveillance.
* Excellent organisational skills