Occupational Health Advisor
Part Time (3 days a week)
£30-38000 (depending on experience)
We are seeking either an Occupational Health Nurse with excellent OH experience, or a qualified Occupational Health Advisor to join our team based in Retford. This is a part time role working three days per week, one of which will need to be a Friday. This role will also require travel between two other local sites.
The successful individual will be required to undertake a range of activities including health surveillance and Fit for Work assessments, as well as delivering health and wellbeing promotion and undertaking a small amount of case management.
The successful individual will work as part of a team to deliver an exceptional OH service to our client and help bring success to this contract and the Company. This is a great opportunity for an individual to expand their skills and experience in a supportive team environment.
Main duties will include:
- To provide fitness medicals and health surveillance that meet best practice requirements and are in line with company policies and protocols
- To evaluate the results of medicals and surveillance provided, and ensure that the correct advice in relation to fitness is communicated, escalating where clinically appropriate
- To provide supervision and support other team members where relevant
- To maintain valid and up to date registration with the NMC and comply with NMC guidelines in relation to professional issues, clinical supervision and continuous learning and development as a registered nurse
- Provide expert advice in respect of legislative requirements and best practice relating to OH
- This role will be roughly 80% health surveillance and Fit for Work assessment activities, and 20% health and wellbeing promotion and case management.
25 days Annual Leave (Pro Rata), Health Cash Plan, Perkbox
- Registration with NMC Part 1
- Driving licence and car owner
- Have the ability to work effectively independently and also within a team framework
- Be IT literate
- Demonstrate a self-motivated and proactive approach to work
- Understand and support a flexible approach to team working
- Have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Have relevant experience of working in an OH environment in a nursing/advisory capacity, across a range of OH activities
The successful candidate will be required to deliver the full OH remit and should be proficient in the provision of:
- Skin Assessments
- Fit for Work Assessments
- Running Health & Well-being activities and supporting clients with Health & Well-being initiatives
- Case Management
- Health Surveillance
- Pre-placement questionnaires
- Health promotion
- Ideally on Part 3 of the Register
- OH Qualified - Diploma/Degree
If you would like to apply for this position please email [Click here to apply] or call [Click here to apply].