Occupational Health Nurse
Northern Gas Networks
Sunderland, Tyne and Wear
£32,800 to £37,925 per annum (depending on experience)
04 Oct 2019
01 Nov 2019
Since we started operating in 2005, Northern Gas Networks have been leading the way as one of the most cost-efficient of the UK's eight gas distribution networks. We deliver great value for money to our customers, as well as a whole host of social and economic benefits to our region.
We're recognised as a dynamic, passionate, conscious and people-focused team that safely and reliably delivers gas to over 2.7 million homes and businesses across the North East, northern Cumbria and much of Yorkshire.
Note: this role requires flexibility to travel- initially across our entire network, evolving to more regional/local travel as the role develops.
We have two fantastic Occupational Health Nurse vacancies to join us in both Doxford, Sunderland and also in Leeds- both permanent roles!
These are brand new positions within our organisation and form part of an exciting new in-house Occupational Health Service at NGN. This therefore is a truly unique opportunity for a Registered Nurse with experience in occupational health, to really make an impact and shape the role as their own.
Reporting into the Occupational Health Service Manager, the Occupational Health Nurse will help shape and deliver this new process and will have the autonomy to make recommendations on how the service is delivered. There will be a significant stakeholder engagement piece to embed and communicate the new process throughout NGN.
In essence, the role will involve undertaking health surveillance checks across our depots- working closely with our operational colleagues in particular. In addition, you will own referrals from management, will follow these through and provide the reports once assessment has taken place.
* To ensure best practice within the services by supporting and contributing to continuous improvement review and audit
* Deliver a case management service by assessing individuals referred because of sickness absence and provide advice on fitness for work
* Support individuals to return to work through the development of suitable rehabilitation programmes, as is necessary and appropriate
* Ensure robust systems are in place for all health surveillance requirements and proactively manage any abnormal results
* At the managers' request, assess individuals who have performance issues, which may be caused or exacerbated by health problems
* Ensure proactive management of all cases until closed
* Be a source of advice to staff and managers on issues pertaining to Occupational Health
* Assist with risk assessments as required
* Manage health records to ensure confidentiality and compliance with GDPR requirements
* To support the Occupational Health Service Manager on the development and implementation of relevant health related policies
* Working in conjunction with the Occupational Health team and Human Resources, you will provide input into the management of the company absence and attendance report, giving advice to Human Resources and providing proactive initiatives to assist in the management of attendance
Skills and Experience
* Registered with the NMC (Nursing and Midwifery Council) as specialist nurse practitioner on part 3 of the NMC Register
* Registered Nurse Qualification (RGN) or (RMN)- no restrictions
* Occupational Health and wellbeing knowledge including up to date knowledge of applicable legislation, best practice principles and regulatory requirements.
* A sound understanding and knowledge of best practice and current trends in nursing within a complex occupational health setting
* Experience of supporting and embedding change, able to influence and drive the appropriate culture and behaviours
* Full, UK Driving licence
* Commercial acumen, ability to drive change, exceptional organisational and interpersonal skills
* Previous experience in a commercially orientated or regulated environment
* Previous experience gained within a broader utilities or manufacturing environment
* Previous experience of providing an OH Service for both an operational/field based and office work force
What we Offer
* £32,800-£37,925 per annum
* Free onsite parking
* 40 hours per week
* Up to 10% bonus (dependent upon achievement of set targets)
* 25 days annual leave plus recognised bank holidays (per annum)
* SSP for the first 7 calendar days then Occupational sick pay
* Stakeholder 5/10 pension scheme
* Flexible benefits including access to some salary sacrifice options
Our Values: We are looking for people who can demonstrate and live all our values, which are at the centre of everything that we do.
We are …
Trailblazing Empowered Community Focused
Intellectually Curious Heartfelt
And most importantly… we are…Happy!
Why Work at NGN?
At NGN, we are above all a community. We provide a supportive and fun working environment in our spacious offices. As a company, we embrace creativity and innovation as well as offering a range of learning and development opportunities.
Our 'dream' is to become the UK's most loved, admired and respected company, and we aim to do this through a united and empowered team that is 'mind-blowingly great!'
FAO Internal Applicants Only
Please note that any NGN colleague may apply for this vacancy.
It is important to note that;
-You must inform your current line manager of your application, prior to applying
-You may only apply to this vacancy, should you have been in your current role for a minimum of 12 months
-It is essential that internal applicants attach a covering letter that outlines their interest in the vacancy, as a minimum requirement.
-It is highly preferable that internal applicants also attach a CV to their application.
Diversity at NGN:
Our people matter. We are an equal opportunities employer that will be delighted to hear from a diverse range of applicants.
Any applicants that require reasonable adjustments are able contact us directly to inform us of any additional support that is required throughout the recruitment process.
Should you have any queries before you apply, please email [Click here to apply]
marked FAO the Recruitment and Resourcing Manager.
Northern Gas Networks reserves the right to close a vacancy early dependent upon applicant numbers.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Best of Luck!
More searches like this
* Healthcare Permanent jobs in Sunderland