Location: Newcastle, Northumbria or Durham
Working Hours: Permanent, Full time Monday-Friday
About The Opportunity
We manage employee health and health risk. We help people and the organisations they work for be the best that they can be. We have an extensive employed team of over 500 occupational health practitioners in the UK: Consultant Physicians, Occupational Health Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Counsellors, Psychologists, Technicians, Registered Nurses and Physiologists.
We work across a range of sectors, both public and private. Within the private sector we specialise in the energy and utilities, construction, manufacturing, rail, transport and financial sectors. We also provide services to Blue Light organisations and are one of the largest providers to the NHS, central and local government.
We are currently looking for an Occupational Physician to join our team to deliver comprehensive and effective Occupational Health services ensuring that high professional and quality standards are maintained on a consistent basis and in line with best practice across a variety of Optima Health clients.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Undertake clinics, as agreed with the Direct Line Manager, to support the achievement of key performance indicators
• Give appropriate advice on the management of sickness absence, and plans for rehabilitation, to managers, individual clients or their representatives
• Provide Occupational Health advice to any client who has a continuing underlying medical condition or disability and liaise with managers and others as appropriate
• Conduct health assessments and reviews as required (e.g., pre-employment, driving fitness, etc)
• Provide advice to managers on issues relating to the working environment in accordance with existing legislation and within the framework of existing policies, including redeployment and work modifications by way of health surveillance/workplace assessments, in conjunction with appropriate managers
• Provide health education on relevant issues, promoting a healthy lifestyle in order to minimise health related absence from work
• Anticipate and meet the changing needs of customers for healthcare services within a commercial, business framework
• Work with the Consultant OHPs (COP) and the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) to ensure high professional standards are delivered in accordance with business needs.
• To assist, when required, with coaching and mentoring to newly employed and Associate Occupational Physicians / Doctors within region
• Support the integration all OH Assist occupational health contracts
• Maintain links with appropriate professional networks to ensure leading edge healthcare approaches and provide innovative solutions to meet customer needs
Experience, Skills and Knowledge required for the role
* Associate of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine (AFOM), or achieved Diploma in Occupational Medicine (Dip Occ Med), or equivalent qualification
* A Medical Practitioner who has, since full registration, consolidated their skills and continued their medical education in line with the requirements of continuing medical education / continuing professional development
* Full registration with the General Medical Council
* IT literate – ability to use and be efficient with IT, knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook
* Full Driving Licence
* Well-developed interpersonal skills
* Good understanding of the role and implications of clinical governance
* Flexible and innovative approach to delivering high quality professional services within a fast-moving business environment
* Able to establish and maintain a strong customer focus to ensure effective customer relations
* Able to identify and address professional training and development issues
* Negotiating and influencing skills
* A pragmatic approach to solving problems
* Able to communicate effectively by oral and written methods throughout an organisation at all levels
* Evidence of effective team working
* Sound commercial awareness and thinking
* Experience within police or blue light sectors or safety critical
If you’re interested, please apply and one of our team will be in touch.
Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation