Optima Health is a UK market leader in the provision of Occupational Healthcare and wellbeing services. Our aim is to improve the health and wellbeing of the UK workforce by supporting healthy high performance in our client organisations, helping them to achieve their full potential through their people.
We deliver comprehensive services, including absence management, fitness for task assessments, health surveillance, vocational rehabilitation, and wellness programmes, as well as a full range of diagnostics and treatments.
We are a forward-thinking, rapidly growing organisation who are keen to invest in people and support them to ensure their long-term career progression. We are a company who are going places and we want you to come with us!
In this role you will be delivering Immunisation & OH clinics to a wide range of clients within their work place; provide an evidence-based immunisation and phlebotomy service and provide health/lifestyle advice to improve the wellbeing of employees within customer organisations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Deliver a range of Occupational Health services ensuring that high professional standards and quality standards are maintained on a consistent basis and in line with best practice. Travel to customers sites will be required.
* Give appropriate advice on the management of immunisations service to management, individual clients or their representatives.
* Conduct programmes of immunisation health assessments and surveillance relating to potential exposure to health risks at work and wider promotion of wellbeing.
* Provide advice on biological agent potential exposure relating to the working environment and the implications of relevant legislation.
* Provide health education on relevant issues, promoting a healthy lifestyle in order to maximise participation in activities at work and elsewhere.
* Consider the changing needs of customers for healthcare services by combining professionalism, objectivity and care in an atmosphere of trust, enthusiasm and business awareness.
* Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team by sharing knowledge and through supporting and challenging peers.
* Maintain registration and continuous professional development by meeting or exceeding the standards set by the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
* Support and contribute to research and regular Clinical Supervision in order to assist evidence-based practice within a framework of Clinical Governance, as required for quality health care provision
* To ensure that confidentiality is maintained and that occupational health records are accurately recorded and are securely stored.
* Manage and co-ordinate rapid access to allied services where appropriate.
* To ensure that equipment/supplies are maintained and properly stored.
* Availability outside normal working hours as may reasonably be requested
* Carry out ad hoc tasks as required by your line manager
* Lead by example and be an inspirational role model for the Optima Health values – One Team, Take Responsibility, Deliver on our Promises, Professionalism and Excellence, Continually Learn and Develop
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
- Registered General Nurse on first level of the Register
- Post registration nursing experience in which they;
• Have worked with minimal supervision
• Have 2 years’ experience with immunisations administration either in occupational health, general practice or travel health.
• Have undertaken previous Immunisation training in compliance with the Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training
• Make important and objective decisions about care
• Provided advice to clients
• Maintain clear and concise documentation as per recommended standards set out by Green Book: Immunisation against infectious disease, Chapter 4.
- Registration and continuous professional development maintained in accordance with the requirements of Post Registration Education and Practice (PREP) standards set by the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- Full Driving Licence
- Ability to work to specified standards within the Immunisations and phlebotomy service.
- Ability to use and be effective with IT with knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel to different locations within your region
- High standards of discretion and confidentiality
- The ability to manage workloads through good organisational and time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills, with an understanding of people management issues and the ability to deal with these effectively
- Contribute towards achieving KPI’s through meeting deadlines and specified standards by working under your own initiative
- Experience of reacting to and implementing change as required by an organisation
- Confidence to communicate with defined customers effectively, ensuring positive working relationships and clarity of understanding.
- Good judgement, able to work with minimal support and the ability to recognize when issues should be escalated to line manager and mentor
What Can We Offer You?
- Competitive salary
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Plenty of career progression opportunities
- Extensive induction with ongoing mentoring and support from some of the top Occupational Health professionals in the industry
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Fantastic pension scheme
- Eye care test vouchers
- Flu jabs
- Reward Scheme
- Car discount scheme
- Buy and sell holiday scheme
- Life assurance
Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation
Coaching And Mentoring