Spire Edinburgh Hospitals are recruiting for an Occupational Therapist to join the Physiotherapy team. This is a part time position working 8 hours per week.
Do you want to be part of a dynamic inpatient rehabilitation team, and go the extra mile to support our patients?
Do you want to be part of a small team supporting the hospital to achieve excellence in the patient journey?
The role primarily involves package of care planning for orthopaedic inpatients joints, education of the rehab admin support, physio’s and nursing staff, and liaising with patients and their families on discharge planning. Overall Responsibilities
1. Assess patient’s health and wellbeing across a complex and changing caseload.
2. Assist in the delivery of care to meet individual’s health and wellbeing needs
3. Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information.
4. Develop own knowledge and skills and those of others.
5. Promotes best practice in health and safety and security.
6. Assist in maintaining and developing services.
7. Contribute to quality improvement.
8. Promote people’s equality, diversity and rights
9. Understand and implement complex care packages if required.
10. Acknowledge the risk of Healthcare Associated Infections (HCAI) and understand own responsibility as agreed with line manager in the prevention and control of HCAI.
There is flexibility in this 8 hours per week role but the hours need to be split into either 2 or 3 days to cover start and later in week.
All applicants should be HCPC registered, confident, well organised with good communication skills and willingness to learn and develop.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employee’s well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Confident And Emotionally Stable