TLTP are recruiting an Occupational Therapist to join a special academy located near Haywards Heath, designed to meet the educational, behavioural and therapeutic needs of boys (age 5-11 years). Their children have a range of special needs including Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) and Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC).
The school are looking for an enthusiastic and resilient Occupational Therapist interested in a career in paediatric Mental Health to join their school to provide intensive specialist support for pupils. They seek a therapist who wants to develop their skills and knowledge in a specialist educational setting from Key Stage 1 and 2. Confidence and experience of working with children with complex Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs is essential.
- Be able to provide 1:1, paired and group interventions both in and outside of the classroom setting, in order to meet provision outlined on pupil's Education, Health and Care Plans
- Support the pupils with specific areas of difficulty, and have specific knowledge and experience in developing interventions to target social and psychological needs
- Be confident in implementing strategies to manage pupils' emotional regulation, to increase engagement in learning and develop pupils' self-esteem
- Support in the development and coordination of a new sensory room within the school
- Attend multi-displinary meetings and provide training for the Education team, Pupil Support team, Safeguarding team and Therapy team to provide updates on pupil progress, encourage effective sharing of research and knowledge and to develop sound understanding of the needs of the pupils
- Be able to advise parents and carers with the management of students' emotional regulation and sensory needs at home
- Maintain succinct clinical notes, complete relevant assessments highlighting issues of concern to the teams around the pupils and track progress, to ensure pupil data is available to inform future planning.
Professional Registration and DBS are required
Apply now or call Ronni on (phone number removed) for more information!
Do you know other great teachers or support staff? Refer them to us and we will pay you £250 (subject to statutory deductions) for every person we place into employment and meets our terms and conditions. Simply click (url removed)/refer to fill in a few details
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health