We have an exciting vacancy for an Occupational Therapist to join the Prior’s Court Multi-Disciplinary team to manage a caseload of young people with autism and complex needs, including assessment, implementation and review of therapy input to ensure progress.
Prior's Court was set up by Founding Patron Dame Stephanie Shirley, whose vision of a centre of excellence for children with autism became reality with the opening of Prior's Court School in 1999. We have since grown to support around 90 young people with autism aged between 5-25 years with the opening of Prior's Court Young Adult Provision in 2011.
Since opening, our support team has grown from around 20 to 500 and we have built a reputation as a leading edge educational, vocational, and residential facility for young people with autism. We are situated on 50 acres of parkland with various facilities including accommodation for our young people, a school with a wide range of facilities and offices.
· Managing a clinical caseload of young people (YP) with Autism and complex needs, aged 5 -25
· Delivering input through use of the Prior’s Court Learning Programmes, which develop key skills to enable Young People to live healthy, happy, independent lives after leaving Prior’s Court.
· Delivering input in both our educational and residential settings as part of the Waking Day curriculum to support generalisation of skills
· Being an effective member of the Prior’s Court Multi-Disciplinary team – working closely with Physiotherapy, Speech and Language Therapists (SaLTs), Positive Behaviour Support (PBS), nursing, education, residential, parent/carers and other external agencies to provide a holistic approach to meeting the YP’s needs.
· Ensuring application of Prior Approach tools and techniques across all young people programmes
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
· A pension scheme with a contribution of 5% of your basic salary by Prior's Court and 3% or more by you
· 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
· Life Insurance
· Access to our Employee Benefits and Discount Platform
· Self-funded Health Cash Plan
· Cycle to Work Scheme
All positions at the school are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and references. Prior’s Court Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.