Oncology NurseSalford Quays, Manchester Permanent Full time A bit about us
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state of the art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.About the area you'll be working in
We provide a range of health insurance options which can give customers access to diagnosis, treatment and specialist support services. The benefits available to our customers include; clinical case management, access to Bupa-approved consultants, breakthrough treatment and drugs, our 24/7 Anytime HealthLine and cancer cover that comes with the Bupa cancer promise. What you'll be doing
Looking to spend more time with your patients? Looking for flexibility? Patients are your priority - minimal time restraints.
You'll be working to support the implementation and case management for our customers requiring Oncology services. You will be based in the office at Bupa Place, Salford Quays in Manchester. Working hours between 8am-8pm, Monday to Friday with an excellent benefit package and work life balance. What's a typical day for an Oncology Nurse at Bupafor an Oncology Nurse at Bupa?
You will work within a small team of oncology nurses supported by a clinical lead. On a daily basis you will be supporting cancer patients over the telephone with advice and information about their diagnosis, treatment and options to make the most appropriate use of their Bupa policy and healthcare services. You will manage your own caseload of patients proactively at various stages of their cancer diagnosis with holistic care being at the forefront of your approach. As a part of your role you will be expected to assess clinical information and eligibility for various cancer treatments in line with Bupa policy and national guidelines. Your experience and expertise will also enable you to support non-clinical colleagues and the wider Bupa business. You will be provided with an induction and training package with a named mentor.Meet our award winning Oncology Team: [Click here to apply]Who we're looking for?
What's it like to work here?
- NMC registered RGN at a NHS Band 5 or Band 6 within the oncology area.
- Experience working in a relevant environment such an acute hospital or chemotherapy treatment setting.
- Relevant post graduate qualification would be advantageous.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills are expected
We want people to 'love working here', so much so that's it's at the top of our agenda and something you'll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what's most important to you. We're a healthcare company so there's a huge focus on our people's health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.Our Salford Quays office is a brand new purpose-built facility which has been specially designed for modern, flexible ways of working. For non-drivers, it's easily accessible by tram from central Manchester.Benefits
- Strong national clinical network and clinical engagement
- www.ourbupa.co.uk - website for our clinicians that supports learning, promotes CPD and creates an online clinical community
- CPD calendar and webinars
- Bupa Lecture Series: clinical lectures with external speakers held atacademic institutions
- BMJ and Open Athens journal access
- Clinical Leadership development programmes
- Practical support with the revalidation process
- Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
- Work life balance
- Florence Nightingale Foundation scholarships
- Bupa Global Nurse scholarship, inc £10,000 to spend on your own CDP
- NMC fees paid after 12 months service
- Bupa Health insurance
- 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees), increasing to 27 days after 5 years service
- You're paid for all Bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Annual pay review
- Discounts on Bupa products
We're an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone - all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.If you'd like to learn more, please visit www.bupa.com