Theatre Practitioner – ODP/Nurse - Scrub - Spire Elland
Theatre Practitioner | Scrub/Theatre | Salary DOE | Elland | Opportunity to progress – Surgical 1st Assist, ALS offered, LEAP courses
Spire Elland Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner (Scrub ODP or Nurse) to join our experienced and friendly team.
Spire Elland Hospital has been providing high levels of surgical treatment and personal care since 1985. Our hospital has a full multi-disciplinary medical team on-site who practice some of the most advanced treatments on the latest generation imaging and diagnostic technology. This means we can offer everything from screening and rehabilitation through to leading-edge surgical procedures and excellence in specialist fields like orthopaedics, general surgery, gynaecology, Bariatrics, Spinal surgery , ophthalmic and cosmetic procedures
Duties and responsibilities
The successful candidate will assist in Consultant led surgeries that vary in complexity and specialism. As a Theatre Scrub Practitioner you will assess patient’s health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload, and develop care plans that are appropriate to the patient, taking into consideration the care pathway, perioperative risks and their wellbeing.
Who we're looking for
- Be NMC registered or HCPC Registered - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- Have a minimum of 6 months post-graduation scrub experience
- Have been employed in a surgical/Theatre setting
- Someone who is willing to take up the opportunities to develop eg. SFA course, ALS, LEAP courses.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Sara Malik on 07720095070 or [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.