Senior Scrub Practitioner | Ophthalmic Scrub| Equivalent Band 5/6 | Leeds | Flexible hours, Training & Development
*Possible joining bonus available up to £2000. Please enquire*
Spire Leeds has a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Scrub practitioner to help assist and lead ophthalmic theatre lists and work closely with The Theatre Manager who is also a trainer and educator.
Spire Leeds Hospital located in Roundhay, just ten minutes from Leeds City Centre and has been treating patients for almost 30 years. We are the region’s largest private hospital in terms of the range of services we offer and the number of consultants we work with.
Duties and responsibilities
The successful Theatre Practitioner will assist in Consultant led surgeries that vary in complexity and specialism. As a Theatre Scrub Practitioner, you will assess patient’s health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload, and develop care plans that are appropriate to the patient, taking into consideration the care pathway, perioperative risks and their wellbeing.
Who we are looking for
- Be NMC registered or HCPC Registered - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- Have a minimum of 6 months, post-graduation and Hospital experience.
- Have been employed in a Surgical/Theatre setting & Ophthalmology
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Grace Little on [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
Patient Health Questionnaires