Ophthalmology Theatre Practitioner - Scrub | Spire Shawfair Park | Edinburgh | Competitive Salary (DOE) | Full Time, No Nights
Spire Edinburgh are offering the opportunity for an experienced Theatre Practitioner with experience in Ophthalmic Scrub to join our team in Shawfair Park.
We have a proud 30 year history of delivering quality healthcare to patients from across Scotland. Shawfair Park Hospital is a modern purpose built hospital, which opened in 2010 and has made accessing private healthcare more convenient for patients situated in south east Edinburgh, East Lothian, Midlothian and the Borders. We offer a superb range of services that complement and enhance the clinical services and medical excellence provided by Spire Murrayfield Hospital in Edinburgh. These two sites combine to offer patients a broad range of private healthcare services, including access to consultants and specialists, diagnosis and treatment.
We encourage our theatre staff to be as mutli-skilled as possible, so ideally you will be able to work across scrub, anaesthetics and/or recovery, but many of our staff specialise in just one or two areas. Most importantly our theatre staff are experienced in a variety of surgical procedures, or are willing to learn new procedures and techniques under expert supervision.
Duties and responsibilities:
- You will be required to provide scrub support to ophthalmic surgeons for phacoemulsification surgery, laser vision and other general ophthalmic services
- You will take responsibility for ordering and maintaining the stock of ophthalmic equipment and consumables
- You will assist patients undergoing a wide variety of elective procedures providing them with the best possible care
- You will be promoting best practise and contributing towards quality improvement
Who we're looking for:
- NMC/ HCPC registered
- Understanding of ophthalmic scrub and theatres
- Flexibility to work varying shift patterns
- Willing to work collaboratively (good team player)
- The ability to plan and prioritise
- Concern for standards and patient safety
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Jess on [ Link removed ] 07885 709 282
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
- Patient Safety
- Quality Management
- Professional Responsibility
- Team Working