Our client is a leading, multi-national pharmaceutical CRO based in Oxfordshire who are offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to join their expanding synthetic organic chemistry team. This position is only open to recent University Chemistry graduates who are looking for a fantastic opportunity to step into the pharmaceutical sector.
This is a position suitable for individuals who have recently graduated with a Chemistry degree, either Bachelor’s or Master’s level. Ideally your project will have been focused on organic synthesis as a strong understand of this area of science is essential for a successful applicant. As a synthetic organic chemist you will be responsible for the design of routes and subsequent synthesis of various small molecules to be used as active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs). You will do this whilst maintaining internal safety standards, following SOPs and working within a friendly team environment.
Skills and Experience Needed
The idea candidate will have:
* A BSc or MSc in a Chemistry focused subject.
* Significant understanding of multi-step organic synthesis, gained through a project, placement or industry experience.
* Proven expertise in organic chemistry.
* A problem-solving mindset and the ability to think outside the box.
* The ability to work alone or in a team
* Proven experience of characterisation and purification tools such as: NMR, HPLC, Mass spec
* Experience in medicinal chemistry is desired, but not essential.
Being a leading pharmaceutical CRO, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation on a permanent basis, with a competitive salary and benefits package