Out-Patients Manager | Out-Patient | Band 7 dependent on experience | Liverpool | Full Time, No Nights.
Spire Liverpool have an exciting opportunity for an Out-patient Manager to join their existing team. This role would suit an individual who is passionate about delivering excellent patient care and looking for the next step in their career, or has had experience in a Leadership role and has aspirations in developing their management experience.
The Outpatient Manager will be responsible for providing safe, efficient patient care and management of the outpatient clinics in Main Outpatients, Penny Lane Clinic and the Bone and Joint Centre.
Spire Liverpool Hospital, offers a comprehensive range of medical and surgical treatments to patients from Merseyside. We pride ourselves on patient care with clinical excellence at the heart of what we do. Our vision is to be recognised as a world-class healthcare business bringing together the best people who are dedicated to developing excellent clinical environments and delivering the highest quality patient care.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the provision of Outpatient Services
- Work with the wider team to develop the Outpatient Services.
- Manage the Outpatient Services in line with Spire key performance indicators and clinical score card standards.
- Ensure that OPD staff are compliant with mandatory training and competencies.
- Ensure that OPD staff have EE appraisals.
- Develop own knowledge and skills and contribute to the development of others.
- Promote best practice in health & safety, infection prevention control and information security.
- Adhere to all relevant healthcare standards and manage issues of governance and risk effectively.
- Participate in departmental audit completion.
- Oversee the compliance of Children and Young People attending clinic in line with Spire Healthcare policy.
- Oversee compliance with Spire policy for point of care testing in OPD.
- Promote people’s equality, diversity and rights.
Who we're looking for:
- Be NMC registered - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- Minimum of 3 years post- registration
- Experience of working unsupervised.
- Experience of leading a team.
- Understanding of clinical audit processes/service improvement
- Compassionate and able to showcase excellent patient care
- Ability to lead and develop a team / department.
- Strong communication skills
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Usman Masood, [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people. Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications