Bank Outpatient Staff Nurse | Outpatients | Competitive Rates of Pay | Sussex | Hastings
Spire Sussex Hospital has an exciting opportunity for an Outpatients Nurse to join our Temporary Staffing Bank. The successful applicant will provide high quality evidence-based nursing care in a clinic setting to facilitate smooth and efficient outpatient clinics
The Spire Sussex hospital in Hastings is rated an ‘Outstanding’ hospital by the CQC. It is a 29 bedded hospital that offers outpatient and inpatient services for a range of specialties, including Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, Gynaecology, Urology, ENT, Cosmetic and General Surgery.
Duties and responsibilities
- Run nurse led dressing and phlebotomy clinics and assist in pre-operative investigations
- Carry out any other duties delegated by the OPD Manager / team leader for the proper and efficient care of the patient's and the smooth running of the department
- Chaperone and assist Consultants during examination of the patient's and minor surgical procedures and assists in arranging investigations requested by Consultants
- Complete Outpatient documentation to a high standard
- Carry out individualised nursing care and procedures to the highest standards complying with hospital policies and procedures at all times
- Maintain and provide patients with relevant and accessible written information regarding their procedures / treatments
What we're looking for:
- Current NMC registration
- Competence across a range of nursing skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to use your own initiative
- ECG and Phlebotomy trained would be desirable but not essential
- Ideally have experience of working in outpatient or a surgical environment
- Bank colleagues are paid weekly
- We offer competitive rates to our bank colleagues who work on a flexible basis, often to cover busy periods, sickness or annual leave
- Free Car Parking
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Tim Lincoln-Shaw on [ Link removed ]
Spire Healthcare are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture for all. Our people are our difference, it’s their dedication, warmth and pursuit of excellence that sets Spire Healthcare apart.
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
- Nursing Care
- Surgical Procedures