Senior Staff Nurse | Outpatients | Redbridge | Full Time | Fully Funded Training Programs | Unsociable Hours enhancements.
Spire London East has expanded its services and as a result, we have a brand new opportunity for a Senior Staff Nurse in our Outpatients department. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced healthcare professional to join our team and play a critical role in this period of growth!
Spire London East Hospital (formerly Spire Roding) is located in Redbridge, on the borders of East London and Essex. We offer comprehensive private hospital services, ranging from outpatient clinics and physiotherapy to surgery and diagnostic facilities. The hospital has 24 inpatient beds and 16 day case rooms called ‘pods’. Facilities include four operating theatres, an endoscopy suite, 2 extended recovery units, pharmacy and radiology.
Duties and responsibilities
The Hospital covers a wide variety of surgical procedures, you will support in assessing patient’s health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload, assisting in the delivery of care to meet the patient’s needs. You will actively promote best practice and contribute towards quality improvements, collect collate and organize data, interpret all of the information and make a justifiable assessment, making this available to relevant others.
- Involved in the day-to-day running of the nurse led dressing, phlebotomy clinics and treatment rooms.
- Carry out individualised nursing care and procedures to the highest standards complying with hospital policies and procedures at all times.
- Chaperone and assist Consultants during examination of the patients and minor surgical procedures and assists in arranging investigations requested by Consultants.
- Carry out any other duties delegated by the OPD Manager/ team leader for the proper and efficient care of the patient's and the smooth running of the department.
Who we're looking for
- NMC registered
- Minimum of 4 years’ nursing experience (preferably in an outpatient setting)
- ALS training is desirable, however training is provided
- Good communication skills
- Good team working
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Unsociable hours enhancements
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact [ Email address blocked ]
Spire Healthcare are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture for all. Our people are our difference, it’s their dedication, warmth and pursuit of excellence that sets Spire Healthcare apart.
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
- Team Working
- Surgical Procedures