Outpatient | Nurse | Washington | Band 5 equivalent | Part time- Flexible hours
Spire Washington Hospital has an exciting part-time opportunity for a Nurse in our outpatient department. The successful applicant will provide high quality evidence-based nursing care in a clinic setting to facilitate smooth and efficient outpatient clinics.
Spire Washington is a 35 in-patient bedded hospital with 10 consultation and 2 treatment rooms based just off junction 63 of the A1 with great commuter links. Our Hospital offers a range of services and facilities including four operating theatres covering specialities including Orthopaedics and Gynaecology and a full Diagnostic suite.
Duties and responsibilities
- Run nurse led dressing and phlebotomy clinics and assist in pre-operative investigations
- Carry out any other duties delegated by the OPD Manager / team leader for the proper and efficient care of the patient's and the smooth running of the department
- Chaperone and assist Consultants during examination of the patient's and minor surgical procedures and assists in arranging investigations requested by Consultants
- Complete Outpatient documentation to a high standard
- Carry out individualised nursing care and procedures to the highest standards complying with hospital policies and procedures at all times
- Maintain and provide patients with relevant and accessible written information regarding their procedures / treatments
Who we're looking for:
- Current NMC registration
- Experience of working in outpatient or a surgical environment
- ECG and Phlebotomy trained
- Competence across a range of nursing skills
- Experience of working in teams with minimum supervision
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Kerry Kean on [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.