Outpatients and Pre-Assessment Nurse
Salary up to £27,000
We are currently looking for an experienced Nurse to join our multidisciplinary Outpatient and Pre-assessment team at our Hospital in Bristol. We're focused on providing the best possible, personalised care to the people of Bristol, Bath, North and North East Somerset, and South Gloucestershire.
Bristol has been named the best place to live in Britain in 2017 by the Sunday Times best places to live guide. In 2015 it was the European Green Capital and in 2017 Rough Guide included it in one of the top 10 cities to visit in the world. With two railway stations you can easily reach London, Swansea and Cardiff as well as taking advantage of services to Birmingham and the North East. You also benefit from being close to the M4 as well as Bristol Airport. Relocation packages available.
First opened in 2009, our Hospital was awarded 'Good' in its last CQC Inspection in July 2016. The site offers state of the art operating facilities with care provided by highly trained clinical professionals who are able to take advantage of some of the best training and development opportunities in healthcare.
You will function as a clinical practitioner within the outpatient and pre-assessment service and will be responsible for the delivery of patient care, managing and organising a work load on a daily basis. In addition, you will be responsible for answering the helpline, managing calls and dealing with any issues arising from this. This will be by giving advice or by seeking further support from clinicians or Resident Medical Officers. Key duties will include:
- Collaborating with the medical staff to ensure that the patient is medically cleared for surgery thereby reducing the number of patient cancellations
- Conducting a comprehensive preoperative patient education session to ensure that planned inpatients receive adequate education regarding their surgical procedure, preparation for their stay and rehabilitation expectations
- Taking responsibility for maintaining accurate, timely and complete records ensuring the safety and confidentiality of information
Skills & Experience
This role would suit a Registered Nurse who has experience of telephone assessment of patients or practice nurse. To be successful in this role you will have:
- Recent experience at Band 5 level or equivalent in an acute surgical setting
- Experience in a pre-assessment/outpatient setting
- The ability to teach/train/ develop Healthcare assistants
- Familiarity with safety and infection control policy and procedures
- NMC Registered General Nurse Part 1
- Basic/ Intermediate Life Support Skills
- ECG and Venepuncture training