Packaging Design Manager - £60K - £65K + 10% Bonus, Pension, Medical, Dental
I am currently recruiting a Packaging Design Manager for a blue chip pharmaceutical company with over 2,000 employees in northern Ireland and premises and sites across America, Asia, UK and Europe.
The company manufactures a diverse range of products including prefilled syringes, solid oral dose, eye drops and capsules.
This role will be to manage the Packaging Design function and involves supervision of all activities associated with the design and specification of Packaging Materials and Components that are required for design solutions and supplies.
* Line Management and supervision of Packaging Design Team Members.
* Contribute today to day activities of the Packaging Design Department.
* Liaise with Business Development to interpret the trial and aesthetic requirements provided by the customer to develop the design of patient kits and their components.
* Maintain adequate communication with Production, Label Control, Engineering, Distribution, Project Services to ensure the designs of labels, machine tooling and packaging components are compatible with respect to size, shape, performance, functionality, storage and use, and support efficient and error-free production.
* Work closely with Procurement and suppliers to develop purchasing specifications ensuring the choice of materials for kit components and associated artwork is sufficiently robust to maintain the appearance of the kit and printed information throughout its shelf life.
* Maintain strategic overview and development of testing procedures and criteria, material selection, and risk assessments for CS packaging applications.
* Drive standardisation of packaging components to ensure the design of kits facilitates efficient and cost-effective storage and shipping.
* Drive Continuous Improvement by maintaining up to date knowledge of packaging innovations and ensuring that designs, standards and procedures evolve as new technology and processes become available.
* Ensure timely generation of Technical Reports, QI Documentation, and CRP’s as required.
* Identification of training needs and opportunities for staff development via PMP process.
* Assisting with selection and recruitment process for Packaging Design Team Recruitment.
* Day to day management of staff numbers, leave approval, and absence management.
* Provide Departmental Representation for Customer meetings and Audits.
The successful candidate will be;
* Qualified in an Engineering or Materials science based discipline to a Degree, HND or equivalent level.
* Possess strong technical writing skills and experience.
* Have gained experienced in an industrial setting, ideally in a similar environment Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Chemical, FMCG and other small boxed packaging in a regulated environment with plant and equipment concepts.
* Previous experience of compiling machine manuals.
* Previous supervisory or project management experience.
* CE Marking/ Machinery Directive
* Ability to understand technical concepts
* MS Project
* Ability to compile SOPs and Engineering Procedures
* CAD knowledge
* Experience of PEMAC maintenance software
* PRINCE2 or equivalent
This role offers the chance for the right individual to join one of the fastest-growing blue chip pharmaceutical companies in the world with a huge diverse range of products sold globally; presenting you with a huge platform of career development and interesting work.
They also provide generous holidays (34 plus birthday and rising with service), great pension, flexible working, medical, dental and just a great environment.
If you are interested to hear more then please give me a call
- Business Development
- Business Process Improvement
- Certified Project Management Professional