Mediplacements are recruiting for a Band 6 Speech & Language Therapist who is looking to work in London.
Speech and Language Therapist
ASAP - Ongoing
* Working with secondary aged children and young people with a range of speech language and communication needs including Developmental Language Disorder (DLD), typically higher functioning Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD), moderate Learning Difficulties (LD) , Global Developmental Delay , both low and high tech AAC users, and/or Social, Emotional and Behavioural difficulties (Cambridge School) within an educational setting as part of an MDT to meet outcomes as identified on EHCPs.
* This to include: joint target setting, planning and delivering therapy programmes in collaboration with school staff, coaching and training school staff and parents, reviewing progress, contribution to annual reviews and completion of paperwork e.g. case notes, target sheets, written reports.
* Implementing relevant approaches e.g. Smile Therapy, Social Thinking, Shape Coding, colourful Semantics, elements of SCERTS,
knowledge of Paget Gorman Signed Speech desirable, but not
* Excellent communication skills along with skills in the areas of time management, problem-solving and negotiation.
* Passion for working towards functional outcomes in collaboration with education colleagues and families.
If this sounds like the next job for you, please call Faye & Jamie on (phone number removed) or (phone number removed)
Not available for this position? Why not recommend a friend or colleague and earn a £250 referral bonus on successful placement (terms and qualifying period apply).
Additional benefits include:
-A dedicated one to one service
-Fast track registration process
-Excellent rates of pay
-Assistance with travel and accommodation
-Weekly pay - on time, every time
-Access to exclusive NHS and Private sector jobs
-No Registration Fee!
-Free online training available
Complex Problem Solving
Augmentative And Alternative Communication (Aac)