Part Time Female Support Worker - Camborne
£17,550 PA pro-rata + excellent benefits
Advertising End Date:
02 Aug 2019
Hours Per Week:
Back to results
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it is never 'just a job'.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work
We are currently looking to recruit a female support worker to join our team at 2 supported living services in Camborne, Cornwall.
Various Hours part-time hours available (10-30)
The role will involve supporting 2 older ladies to engage in diverse activities, both at home and in the local community. Candidates must be able to swim in order to support one of the ladies to swim 2/3 times weekly. Other activities may include sensory walks in local woods/ on local beaches, trampolining, sensory activities at home in sensory room, swimming, attending weekly disco, visits to places such as the Eden Project, the Camel Trail and Dairyland as well as support with daily living: household tasks, personal care, banking ,shopping and cooking.
One of the ladies we support is an active lady in her 40s who loves swimming, likes spending time with her family, enjoys music and gets involved with a range of sensory activities from cooking to gardening. She enjoys spending time in her home, involved in sensory activities as well as getting out and about in her local community, regularly.
The other lady you will support is 73 and lives in her own flat. She uses a wheelchair when out in the community and enjoys getting out and about but can present some challenging behaviour. She also likes keeping her home clean and tidy and displaying some of her work that she will have created with your support.
This role would suit a, caring person who can take initiative with activity planning, work positively as part of a team as well as individually and employ a sensitive and compassionate approach towards the ladies concerned.
Driving for this role is essential.
This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1.
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people's lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
* 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
* Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
* Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
* Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
* Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
* Interest free season ticket loans
* Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
* Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
* Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
* Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
* Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract
Role Profile Role Profile Apply