Part Time Support Worker - Penzance - 16-25 Hours
£17,550 per annum, pro rata + excellent benefits
Advertising End Date:
02 Aug 2019
Hours Per Week:
Back to results
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it is never 'just a job'.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
We are looking for someone to support a gentleman who lives a very active life, he needs a positive, energetic and compassionate support worker to help plan activities/days out/placements and to support with financial budgeting, meal planning, healthy eating, cooking and household tasks.
We're looking for a team player who is an excellent communicator, with a great sense of humour who will encourage and plan social activities, promote choice and independence, as well as engaging in everyday activities such as D.I.Y, long walks and visiting local shops,cafes and seasonal events.
The gentleman you will be supporting is a very independent, well travelled person who enjoys building rapport with his staff team, likes music and watching the soaps as well as having a particular talent for all things D.I.Y. He enjoys having a coffee and talking with his team, going for long walks locally, adding to his collection of locks and keys, pottering in his shed, going to the cinema and cooking together with his team. He also enjoys spending time with his family.
This role would suit someone who is energetic, upbeat, can promote choice, offer ideas and is a good motivator!
Job reference 15986
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people's lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
* 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
* Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
* Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
* Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
* Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
* Interest free season ticket loans
* Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
* Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
* Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
* Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
* Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract
Additional Information Role Profile Apply