Part Time Support Worker -Chard (Drivers Required)
£16,820 per annum, pro-rata + excellent benefits
Advertising End Date:
29 Nov 2019
Hours Per Week:
Back to results
174At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it is never 'just a job'.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
We are currently looking to expand our team of dedicated support workers who are based in a Chard and support people who have a learning disability.
You will be responsible for the day to day livelihood of these individuals and will help with medication, finances and daily living tasks. These individuals like to be fully involved in everything that is happening with their lives and need you to ensure this happens for them.
Another big part of being a Support Worker is being a big part of the fun! The fun you will have will be making boring tasks like housework fun, going out into the community, or even getting your dancing shoes on and having a boogie!
Support workers must be flexible in the hours they can work, as support can be required 24 hours a day. You will work on a rota basis throughout the week, weekends and bank holidays with sleep-ins as well (Payment for sleep ins is competitive and compliant with National Living Wage). The benefit however of being a relief support worker is the flexibility to choose the hours you can work.
As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we want to hear from you. This role has a unique set of challenges,but our award winning training will ensure that you are the best Support Worker that you can be, whether you have lots experience or are just starting out in your career.
An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
Job reference: Support Worker, Chard - 16617
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people's lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
* 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
* Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
* Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
* Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
* Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
* Interest free season ticket loans
* Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
* Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
* Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
* Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
* Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract
Role Profile Apply