ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We are at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
About the Position
Hours Per Week: 40
Days Per Week: Wednesday to Saturday 12.00-23.00
Basis: Permanent and Full time
The Team Leader is responsible for managing a team of Microbiologists and Senior Technicians within the Food Microbiology Pathogen Laboratory at Rotherham. Microbiologists and Senior Technicians are responsible for all post-incubation activities performed on client’s samples. These include sub-culturing, plates’ assessment and confirmation of presumptive results.
The main tasks of the Team Leader will be ensuring the smooth running of the daily activities in full compliance with our H&S and Quality standards whilst ensuring productivity.
The successful candidate will be expected to handle routine clients’ communications including but not exclusive of out of specification reporting.
In time the successful candidate will be trained in the interpretation and approving of results.
Our Team Leaders are members of a Management Team committed to providing an excellent service to our clients through operational management of the laboratory including:-
* Lead and maintain an appropriate Health & Safety regimes ensuring, risk assessments etc. are conducted;
* Lead and maintain appropriate Quality Control procedures in accordance with our Quality Management System;
* Handle routine customer communications
* Lead the laboratory, in line with company policies and procedures, highlighting any deviations to management
* Develop individuals within the team using the Company’s training and development processes
* Coordinate and deliver appropriate training to team members, as required;
* Ensure that all employees are trained in the use of any supporting software systems and that such systems are being fully utilised;
* Use KPIs generated to work with other members of the management team/departments to ensure that the laboratory meets their customer demands and workload is managed effectively.
* You will be passionate about investing in people to achieve your department’s objectives. You will lead by example to promote an engaged and productive working environment.
* Applicants should have previous production experience of working within a microbiology laboratory environment and although a degree in a relevant Scientific or Management subject is not necessarily required, a passion for science and people management is an absolute requisite.
* The successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills, being able to communicate well orally and in writing. Computer literacy is essential specifically in the use of Microsoft Office packages such as Excel.
* Technical knowledge of food and food pathogens is key as a member of the management team your technical input will be critical to release of the results.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and skilled person, who is focused on providing excellent service to our clients, to develop their career in an international company
Hardworking And Dedicated
Training And Development