Pathology Manager | Highly Competitive Salary | Permanent | Full Time | Opportunity to lead a growing team
The team at Spire Manchester is pleased to announce we are looking for an ambitious, dedicated person to join our team as our Pathology Manager.
Spire Manchester Hospital is a brand new, £65m state-of-the-art healthcare facility offering patients a wide range of integrated surgical, medical and diagnostic services. The rapidly expanding team in Manchester consists of over 500 colleagues, who thrive in the welcoming atmosphere that is friendly, supportive and progressive.
Duties and responsibilities
Based at our purpose built Hospital in Didsbury, Manchester you will be leading and mentoring our Pathology team spread across the following disciplines; Virology, Microbiology, Blood Sciences and Specimen Reception. You will maintain our Quality Management System and ensure the department meets its legislative requirements whilst also handling the day to day management of the department such as managing budgets, cost control and dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
Who we are looking for
- You must be a HCPC registered Biomedical Scientist
- You must have proven management & leadership experience
- It would be highly desirable that you have governance experience and understand the legislative requirements of a Pathology Lab
- A Fellow of the IBMS
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
- Free onsite Gym
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Claire Murphy on [ Email address blocked ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications