Salary- £25,000 + £8,000 shift allowance
An opportunity for an experienced PCR scientist to join a leading international laboratory!
* Processing samples for the presence of SARs-CoV-2 RNA using a range of specialist techniques and technologies
* Sample lysis within a CL2 laboratory environment
* Automated extraction and purification of RNA
* Analysis of SARs-CoV-2 RNA by RT-qPCR
* Reporting of results through LIMS
* Point of contact for internal and external suppliers
* Provide scientific expertise in the PCR process and technical knowledge
Technical Skill required:
* Sound knowledge of PCR technology- specific experience in qPCR
* Advanced understanding of nucleic acid purification, extraction and analysis
* An understanding of laboratory quality control processes- Westgard Rules and Levey-Jennings plots
* Advanced knowledge of excel for data analysis
* Knowledge of instrument integration with IT
Apply now to VRS to be considered for this vital role!
Due to the highly sensitive nature of the work, applicants should note that security clearance will be required for this role therefore you will have had to live in the UK for the last three years.
Key Words: South West London, Twickenham, Richmond, Kingston, Middlesex, COVID, PCR, qPCR, RNA, scientist
Follow VRS Recruitment on LinkedIn to view all our latest vacancies!
Please note that by submitting your application to VRS Ltd your details will be registered with us so that we can contact you about suitable job opportunities now and in future. You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us directly via our website
Real Time Polymerase Chain Reactions
Polymerase Chain Reaction
Ribonucleic Acid Sequencing