Create a Job Alert.Enter your email below to save this search and receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Thank you. We'll send jobs matching these to
You already suscribed to this job alert.
You’re being taken to an external site to apply.
- Maintain good working relationships with GP’s Care Quality Commission, Social Services Departments and any other external regulatory bodies. Manage in conjunction with the Home Manager all internal and external inspections/audits
- Communicate effectively with Resident’s, their relatives, friends, other staff and external visitors to the Home and deal sensitively with their concerns
- Handle and resolve with the assistance of the Deputy Manager, complaints, critical incidents, accidents or outbreaks of infection, recording and reporting as necessary to the Home Manager in accordance with Company policy and Care Quality Commission
- Show courtesy and respect to Resident’s at all times to ensure that they enjoy the highest quality of life, respect the confidentiality of Resident’s and their families, friends at all times and involve families and friends in the Resident’s care as appropriate
- Greet all visitors, and answer the telephone, in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner and promote Porthaven Care Homes and your own Home in particular, positively at all times in the local community
- Ensure professional knowledge and job skills are up to date to ensure that our Resident’s receive the best possible standards of care and service
- Ensure by monitoring and other means, adherence throughout the Home at all times, to all operational, administrative, procedural, nursing, care and professional standards in conjunction with the Home Manager.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of care staff in conjunction with the Deputy Manager and Home Manager and other supervisory staff
- Assist with the induction of new staff, training and development of care staff, efficiently co-ordinating duties of all junior staff, whilst ensuring that they are properly supported and supervised
- Assist in evaluating staff performance
- Attend, and participate in training sessions and staff meetings
- Ensure that all nursing staff comply with the NMC Code of Practice and all Care Staff comply with the code of Practice for Social workers and report to the Home Manager and Deputy Manager any breaches of these codes
- Maintain good working relations with all colleagues at all times.
Health and Safety
- Carry out all duties in a safe manner having regard to the health, safety and welfare of self, staff, Resident’s and all other persons within Porthaven Care Homes
- Ensure that both you and all staff are aware of, and at all times comply with, all relevant Company policies and procedures and all relevant statutory responsibilities including Fire arrangements, Health and Safety issues including moving and handling, COSHH regulations, Infection Control, Care Quality Commission regulations, maintaining records diligently and accurately as required
- Ensure risk assessments pertaining to both Resident’s and staff are undertaken are recorded and acted upon appropriately.
Training and Development
- Promote both the personal and professional development of all staff
- Keep fully up to date with developments in clinical with developments in clinical practice, education and training and cascade this knowledge on to all relevant staff through planned training programmes. Attend and participate in, training sessions
- Attend and carry out any delegated supervision sessions for yourself and any staff for which you have a supervisory responsibility for. Ensure accurate records are kept
- Identify, plan and co-ordinate individual training plans for all staff to meet employee, Resident and company needs and the Care Quality Commission National Standards and Regulations in conjunction with the Deputy Manager and Home Manager.
- Effectively manage and enquiries that you take and ensure that accurate contact details are taken and passed immediately to the Home manager for auctioning.
- In conjunction with the Home Manager help to ensure that the buildings and grounds are maintained via the appropriate staff to high decorative and cleanliness standards that there are appropriate levels of security at all times in line with Company expectations. Report any defects to the above to the Home manager immediately.
Generic Core Duties
- Positively promote the Home through personal conduct both within and outside working hours
- Ensure that you have read and understood all relevant company policies and procedures and that you comply with these at all times
- Attend and participate in all training sessions and staff meetings as required
- Maintain good working relationships with all colleagues at all times
- Any other reasonable instruction from the Deputy Manager, which is within your area of competence.