CY Partners are currently looking to recruit an experienced Production Support Chemist to join the R&D team of a Northeast based Pharmaceutical CDMO. The successful candidate will provide support and technical guidance to the manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) and intermediates for emerging drug candidates and established commercial products.
If you have a Chemistry degree and some experience in cGMP manufacturing then this could be the perfect role for you.
* Providing technical support and oversight to processes during manufacture, with particular emphasis on the successful introduction of new process stages.
* Investigations into processing issues (e.g. atypical in-process results, reduced yields) and working with project teams to resolve issues
* Preparation of current good manufacturing practice (cGMP) documentation to support processes as required
* Laboratory work to support troubleshooting and in support of research and development processes
* Tracking process data to allow process improvement opportunities to be identified
* Implementing and maintaining key performance indicators (KPIs)
* Accompanying customers during site visits for plant observation
* Set cGMP standards and participate in audits on processes and related equipment
* Comply with all safety, health, and environmental requirements.
* Embody our company values, which are: be reliable, be caring, be transparent and be willing.
Key Skills and Competencies
* Minimum of either a master’s degree in chemistry, or a bachelor’s degree in chemistry with a minimum of one year’s relevant practical experience.
* Ideally, experience working within a cGMP environment.
* Good verbal communications skills.
* Good organisation and time management skills.
* Ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
We also require candidates to be competent with IT systems, and in particular Microsoft Office including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Business Process Improvement
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Laboratory Techniques
- Microsoft Excel