Pharmacogenomics Principal Scientist / Team Leader
An exciting opportunity within a renowned gene expression laboratory to manage a team of PhD, MSc and BSc scientists delivering fee for service research to Biotech and Pharma groups. During the current pandemic, the team are also providing COVID testing services.
The team apply molecular profiling technologies to target biomarker discovery and validation, specifically in small biopsies using single cell technologies. Data generated supports patient selection and PD in clinical trials. This individual will be responsible for liaison with clients re study design, delivery of GCP compliant studies and interpretation of resulting data / presenting such data to clients and overall management of COVID services.
PhD plus > 8 years experience, ideally in industry. Must be proficient in PCR, Array and NGS platforms with associated data analysis. Candidates with experience within a relevant commercial environment are strongly preferred, especially if that includes working within a regulated environment (GCLP/ ISO15189). The candidate must also have experience managing an skilled team.
The ideal candidate will:
* Lead a laboratory group, both managerially and technically, in laboratory and bioinformatics functions, providing appropriate support and guidance to team members, allocating tasks and ensuring delivery, undertaing performance appraisals.
* Have experience validating new targets, translating from laboratory models to the clinic, gererating data to confirm the mechanism of action and pharmacodynamics of new therapeutics, helping to select clinical indications and elucidate target prevalence.
* Have extensive experience of gene expression techniques/platforms and data analysis (RT-PCR, Arrays, NGS), ideally within the Biomarker space. Experience using laser capture microscopy and RNAscope desirable but not essential.
* Have extensive experience designing studies, analysing data and preparing reports. Able to present the data to clients and discuss the interpretation. Must be skilled at interpretting complex, multidisciplinary, data sets.
* Be responsible for solving complex operational, technical and data analysis problems.
* Be the Analytical Study Manager for GCP purposes, and Laboratory Director for ISO15189 testing services, ensuring compliance and working with QA to lead regulatory and client audits.
* Support the business development team pre and post study, building trusted relationships with clients. Prepare and deliver presentations to both internal and external audiences. Generate customer centric solutions.
* Be responsible for the operational budget of the team – ensuring studies are delivered to deadline and on budget.
* Be responsible for delivering new products and services.
* Assess competitor activity and specific commercial literature in order to identify and monitor collaborators/competitors and recommend new service areas.
* Possess strong interpersonal / communications skills, dealing with the laboratory teams, clients and fellow study managers.
* Present data and conclusions to peers and management, and participate in strategic discussions. Must have excellent written English and oral presentation skills.
* Set achievable objectives, training plans, and perform performance reviews
Good Clinical Practices (Gcp)
Product Quality Assurance