Pharmacy Assistant | Pharmacy | Competitive salary | Southampton | Full Time, Permanent
Spire Southampton Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Pharmacy Assistant to join our team. Working on a rota basis between Monday and Friday, and 1 in 4 Saturdays.
Please apply if you can commit to these shifts.
At Spire Southampton Hospital, we provide comprehensive diagnostic services and treatments in a comfortable and relaxed private hospital environment. You can get fast access to consultants who are experts in their field and can provide you with personalised treatments, all in a safe environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Dispensing medication and other medical products to patients under direction of licensed pharmacist
- Managing stock and preparing prescriptions as directed
- Admin duties, including answering phones, receiving and inputting prescription orders, operating cash registers, and restocking inventory
- Supplies patients with information and education on their prescriptions
- Monitors prescription-filling process to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and pharmacy policies
- Liaises with healthcare providers and patients to obtain correct prescription information
- Answers patients' questions about their medications under the supervision of the pharmacist
- Takes inventory of drugs on hand and records results
- Places orders for additional drugs as directed by the pharmacist
- Maintains electronic patient information
- Prepares billing information for medication
- Completes patients' sales transactions for purchase of prescription and over-the-counter medications as well as other pharmaceutical products
Who we're looking for:
- Previous experience as a dispenser / pharmacy assistant
- NVQ2 qualified – desirable
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong IT and organisational skills
- You will have experience of working in teams with minimum supervision.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Peter Sbiera on [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications