Pharmacy Assistant | Pharmacy | Harpenden, St Albans | Full Time - 37.5 Hours per week
Spire Harpenden Hospital is expanding our pharmacy service and as such we seek an experienced Pharmacy Assistant to assist the pharmacy team to provide an exemplary pharmacy service to the hospital and its customers, working within own level of competence and in accordance with current legislation, accepted professional and ethical standards and Spire Healthcare policies and procedures.
Spire Harpenden Hospital offers comprehensive private hospital services in a comfortable and relaxed environment to patients from London and its northern counties - Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. As the largest employer in Harpenden, we pride ourselves in offering excellence in clinical quality, customer service and cleanliness.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the purchase of medicines in compliance with Spire Healthcare purchasing agreements where applicable.
- Record, input, amend, delete and modify data accurately and completely using the correct procedure for both manual and electronic systems.
- Accurately dispense medicines for patients according to their prescription, ensuring each is checked by a pharmacist.
- Prepare self, equipment, materials and medicines appropriately for the specific activity being undertaken.
Who we're looking for:
- Customer facing experience
- Pharmaceutical experience
- Scottish/National Vocational Qualification (S/NVQ) Level 2 in Pharmacy Services (Desirable)
- Administrative role involving checking and monitoring.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
- Electronic Systems