Pharmacy Assistant| Part time – 21 hrs| Horley, close to Gatwick airport | Supportive team environment| School hours accommodated
Spire Gatwick Park Hospital has an opportunity for a Pharmacy Assistant to join our friendly supportive Pharmacy department. This is a part time position working 21 hours per week from Tuesday – Friday from mid-morning to mid-afternoon. You will be joining a busy department allowing you to learn all aspects of the pharmacy department.
Part of our culture is to encourage and bring out the best in our workforce by supporting personalised development plans and learning from the current senior and very experienced team. You will be involved in many working groups within the hospital and be given full support in acquiring new specialist skills.
Spire Gatwick Park Hospital is just a few miles away from Gatwick Airport. Central London and Victoria station are a 30 minute train ride away. The hospital consists of two outpatient areas and a Bupa Health Assessment centre. There are two ward areas with 29 single rooms, a two bedded emergency recovery unit with a sixteen bedded day care unit and five single rooms. There are three operating theatres - two with laminar flow.
Duties and responsibilities
- Contribute to the safe and effective use of medicines, ensuring cost efficiency.
- Undertake activities to assist in delivering pharmaceutical care.
- Assist in delivering a pharmacy service that meets individuals’ health and wellbeing needs.
- Assist with the movement and management of medicines.
Who we're looking for
- Minimum NVQ Level 2 or 3 assistant
- Hospital experience would be desirable
- Experience of working in a pharmaceutical department.
- Flexibility in working hours
- Excellent organisational skills to support flow of work in the department
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact contact Louise on [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: Friday 26th February. In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications