Pharmacy Manager | Spire Dunedin | Reading | Full time | Permanent
Spire Dunedin are looking for a qualified Pharmacy Manager to join our fantastic Pharmacy Team on a full time and permanent basis.
The successful candidate will work full time, Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm. They will provide exemplary management to the pharmacy department and assist in the delivery of pharmaceutical care to meet patient’s health and well-being needs.
Spire Dunedin Hospital, has been serving the Reading community for over 100 years, as a first-class medical facility. Based in the heart of Reading, the hospital has two theatres, 16 inpatient beds, three recovery bays, Oncology services and an Endoscopy Suite.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing a specialist technical service to support and manage the pharmacy department and other areas of the hospital that stock medicines
- Working within own level of competence and in accordance with current legislation, accepted professional and ethical standards and Spire Healthcare policies and procedures
- Contribute to the safe and effective use of medicines , ensuring cost efficiency
- To manage an exemplary pharmacy service in accordance with current legislation, accepted professional and ethical standards and clinical requirements.
- Be responsible for leading, motivating and effectively managing the pharmacy team by providing excellent leadership.
- To promote a multidisciplinary, patient focused approach to the delivery of an efficient, high quality healthcare service.
- Contribute to the safe and effective use of medicines, ensuring cost efficiency.
Who we're looking for
- Must be a registered Pharmacist
- Must have 5 years Hospital Pharmacy experience
- Recent or current management experience
- B. Tech National Certificate in Pharmaceutical Sciences, City & Guilds of London Institute – Dispensing Technicians Certificate, Scottish/National Vocational Qualifications (S/NVQ) level 3 in pharmacy services, Buttercups Pharmacy technician or equivalent
- Experience in Oncology and previously or currently worked in the private sector is desirable
- Competent in a range of pharmaceutical activities with theoretical knowledge acquired during qualification
- We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 40 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatients, day cases and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Carly Dack on 07850725333 or email [ Link removed ]
Spire Healthcare are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture for all. Our people are our difference, it’s their dedication, warmth and pursuit of excellence that sets Spire Healthcare apart.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
- Clinical Works
- Multidisciplinary Approach