Accuracy Checking Pharmacy Technician | Pharmacy | Salary dependent on experience | Leeds | Full Time, No Nights.
Spire Leeds Hospital is amongst Yorkshire’s largest hospitals offering treatment across over 30 medical specialties including orthopaedic surgery, cardiology, oncology (cancer care) and general surgery. Treating adults and children and part of the award-winning Spire Healthcare group, multi-disciplinary teams provide fast, personalised healthcare.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Undertake activities as delegated accurately and in compliance with current legislation, professional standards and Spire Healthcare policies and procedures.
- Ensure professional checks are performed by a pharmacist on appropriate activities
- Prepare self, equipment, materials and medicines appropriately for the specific activity being undertaken.
- Accurately dispense and supply medicines for patients according to their prescription, taking into consideration the care pathway, potential risks and their health and wellbeing needs.
Who we're looking for:
- B. Tech National Certificate in Pharmaceutical Sciences, City & Guilds of London Institute – Dispensing Technicians Certificate, Scottish/National Vocational Qualifications (S/NVQ) level 3 in pharmacy services, or equivalent
- Experience of working in a pharmaceutical department
- Competent in a range of pharmaceutical activities with theoretical knowledge acquired during qualification
- We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.