Our client is looking for a band 2 Phlebotomist to work at their NHS trust based in Liverpool.
To be successful for this position you must be a qualified Phlebotomist with a minimum of 1 years' experience within the UK.
This is a full time position working 37.5 hours.
Position: Band 2 Phlebotomist
Duration: ASAP - 1 Month
Hours: 37.5 Monday to Friday 8.30-16.30
Pay: £10 - £12 per hour
1. Must have phlebotomy experience
2. Must be up-to-date with immunisations
3. Familiar with using vacutainer system for taking blood samples
4. Busy clinic(s) - currently 10 min time slots
5. To be able to work quickly and accurately with a high degree of manual dexterity.
6. To undertake blood samples from patients referred into the service in a clinic setting, working alone with access to advice via phone.
7. Ensure specimens are appropriately prepared prior to being collected by courier service, for example; undertake collection and accurately labelled in the correct sample bottles.
8. Collection of venous blood samples without harm to patient or self by following Standard Operating Procedures / Guidelines / Policies and Procedures.
9. To take appropriate action if there is a spillage of body fluids or hazardous chemicals in order to minimise the risk to staff and public.
10. To help maintain appropriate stocks for phlebotomy consumables in the immediate work area and to advise senior staff of low stocks.
For more information, or to apply for this role, please call Natasha on 0207 045 3324 or send a copy of your CV to [ Email address blocked ]
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.Learn more.
By applying to a job using Jobmedic.co.uk you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Jobmedic.co.uk
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.