FRENCHAY BRAIN INJURY REHABILITATION CENTRE
Frenchay Brain Injury Rehabilitation Centre in Bristol is the Level 1 service for patients with complex neurological rehabilitation needs for the South West of England. We have 52 rehabilitation beds and offer both Level 1 (intensive) and Level 2 (slower stream) specialist inpatient rehabilitation for patients with brain injury and other neurological conditions. The service is run by The Huntercombe Group.
Physiotherapy Assistant – Neuro-Rehabilitation
Salary: Grade 3 – depending on experience.
Spine Point 8 - 11 £10.12 - £10.69 per hour
Full Time 1 year temporary contract – 35.0 hours per week
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join and support our physiotherapy team as a Physiotherapy Assistant. The role will involve:
• carrying out exercise and mobility programmes under the direction of physiotherapists
• assisting physiotherapists during treatment sessions, including hydrotherapy;
• supporting the team with administrative tasks
• using specialist equipment such as standing frames, walking harnesses, treadmills and wheelchair accessible exercise bikes.
Training will be provided by the physiotherapy team and you will be supported to develop within the role through regular supervision. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team that includes Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Neuropsychologists, Doctors, Nurses, Rehabilitation Technicians and Rehabilitation Assistants.
We are interested in applicants who:
- have a keen interest in exercise and rehabilitation
- are passionate about helping those with disabilities to maximise their physical potential
- have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- work well in a team
- are dynamic and enthusiastic
This job advert will close Tuesday 6th April.
For an informal discussion please ring David Hewitt, Deputy Lead Physiotherapist.
Frenchay Brain Injury Rehabilitation Centre, Briggs Road, Bristol, BS16 2UU
Please take a look at our progressive and rewarding benefits package
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Maternity leave at 3 months full pay and 3 months half pay
• 2 week’s paid paternity leave
• Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
• A thorough Induction Programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
• Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
• The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
• Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
• A range of staff discounts
• Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
For a more detailed job spec please take a look at our Website where you can also read some inspiring stories and find out why working at Huntercombe really sets us apart from the rest