Here at S3 Discovery, we are proud to be collaborating with an innovative Tissue-Engineering start-up company, who have seen significant growth through 2020. As the Polymer Scientist in the Bioengineering Team, you will be tasked with helping develop and scale the manufacture new biomaterials. This is a full-time permanent position with excellent salary bandings on offer.
As the Polymer Scientist joining the team you will perform the following duties:
* Improve in-house biopolymer synthesis capabilities
* Produce R&D project plans and carry out relevant lab experiments.
* Work alongside the industrialisation team to identify how to scale up processes
* Develop, design, synthesise and characterise biopolymers
* Aid in development of SOP’s, COSHH & RA documentation with support from the team
* Generate succinct reports for the team and present at wider company R&D meetings
* Take responsibility for QC of end products
* Documenting experiments using electronic laboratory notebook system
* Along with team members, provide routine laboratory maintenance, including participating in equipment upkeep, cleaning rotas and laboratory consumables stock management
* Ensure that laboratory and workshop health, safety and quality procedures are followed.
* General ad-hoc duties as required to support the departmental and organisation requirements.
The successful candidate for the Polymer Scientist role will have the following skills and experience:
* Extensive experience of polymer/ biopolymer chemistry specifically applied to the generation of biomaterials for mammalian cells
* Extensive wet-lab experience
* Design, synthesis, and characterisation of new materials for biological applications
* A track-record of delivering results in a short-time frame
* 2+ years in industry/ academia post-PhD or equivalent
* Interfacing with a multidisciplinary team of biologists & engineers
* Experience with a range of instruments for chemical characterisation such as FTIR/ Raman spectroscopy, Mass spectrometry, GCP/HPLC, NMR, DLS
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
High Performance Liquid Chromatography
Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy
Product Quality Assurance