A leading developer of polymer based technology is seeking a Post Doc Researcher for their site in Cambridgeshire.
The successful applicant will contribute to developing the next generation of energy storage materials by designing, synthesising, and testing novel functional materials for batteries. Work within a multidisciplinary team to maximise the performance of battery materials and devices and contribute to developing a deep understanding of the key structure – property relationships in functional battery materials and materials formulations.
• Creative contributions to brainstorms, studies, and project meeting discussions.
• Proposal and design of novel materials and recommendations to solve chemical synthetic issues.
• Execution of simple synthetic organic chemistry transformations on small scales.
• Formulation of electrode and electrolyte material inks and pastes, including solvent screening and microscopy studies of the morphology of dried material deposits.
• Practical device fabrication to evaluate functional materials in devices, including the analysis and interpretation of device test data.
• Accurate recording of all practical work to ensure that new Intellectual Property (IP) is appropriately documented. Contribution to the drafting of invention disclosures and patent drafts.
• Initiation, delivery, and documentation of high-quality studies based on sound scientific hypotheses to achieve R&D targets.
• Compilation of results in a timely and accurate manner, in the required format (written, verbal, formal presentation).
• Effective communication with synthetic chemists, analysts, device physicists, and the project leader.
• Ensure that health and safety standards are being met and maintained. Work safely within the laboratory environment; carry out COSHH and risk assessments of processes.
• Maintenance of a tidy and efficient laboratory environment for all lab users. Performance of functional duties as required.
• Chemistry PhD or a Chemistry degree and equivalent work experience gained in an industrial or academic environment.
• Ideally relevant work experience in a high-tech R&D or manufacturing environment.
• Strong background knowledge in organic chemistry, organometallic chemistry, or the synthesis and surface functionalisation of inorganic nano particles.
• Knowledge of polymers and relevant analytical techniques would be beneficial.
• A good understanding of structure – property relationships in functional materials.
• Experience with battery technologies and electrochemical techniques would be a distinct advantage.
key words: post doc chemist post doctoral chemist post doc researcher post doctural research PhD Chemist PhD in Chemistry PhD in Materials Scientist PhD in Polymer Chemistry PhD in Polymer Scientist