Staff Nurse | Pre Assessment | Band 5 dependent on experience | Full Time, No Nights
Spire Bushey is recruiting for a Staff Nurse to join our Pre Assessment team on a permanent basis. This is a varied role pre assessing for all surgical procedures undertaken by the hospital.
Not only can we offer you a competitive salary and benefits package, Spire Healthcare is dedicated to your development with a wealth of opportunities to develop your clinical and leadership skills, as well as supporting your career progression.
Spire Bushey Hospital is one of North London and Hertfordshire’s leading private hospitals, with an excellent reputation for delivering high-quality private hospital treatment. The hospital offers a premium service in key areas of complex healthcare including orthopaedics, neurospinal, general surgery and gynaecology. Spire Bushey Hospital forms part of a 4 site portfolio, and is supported by and works alongside Spire Bushey Diagnostic Centre, Elstree Cancer Centre and Spire Pathology Centre – based on Centennial Park in Elstree - just 5 minutes from the main hospital site.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Strong understanding of, and the ability, to follow policies and criteria for surgical suitability
- Managing your time, you will see 6-8 patients per day
- Completing pre-operative checks and referring on for review as and where needed
- Liaising with GP’s, consultants and senior staff to follow through on any extra care needed to reduce cancellations
Who we're looking for:
- NMC registered adult nurse - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- Experience within surgical pre-assessment
- Phlebotomy skills
- Confidence in your knowledge of when to refer candidates
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional time management is key in this pressurised role
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Sherine on [ Email address blocked ] For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.