Pre-Assessment Staff Nurse | Band 5 equivalent | Gatwick Park | Full Time, permanent
Due to expansion, Spire Gatwick Park is looking for an experienced pre-assessment nurse to join their dedicated team.
We are pleased to be offering a £2500 joining bonus for offers accepted before the 31st March 2021
Spire Gatwick Park Hospital is just a few miles away from Gatwick Airport. Central London and Victoria station are a 30 minute train ride away. The Hospital consists of two outpatient areas and a Bupa Health Assessment centre. There are two ward areas with 29 single rooms, a two bedded emergency recovery unit with a sixteen bedded day care unit, and five single rooms. There are three operating theatres, two with laminar flow.
We believe it's our people that really set us apart, from the very best medical professionals, to our attentive and highly experienced support staff.
Duties and responsibilities
- Strong understanding of, and the ability, to follow policies and criteria for surgical suitability
- Managing your time, you will see 6-8 patients per day
- Completing pre-operative checks and referring on for review as and where needed
- Liaising with GP’s, consultants and senior staff to follow through on any extra care needed to reduce cancellations
Who we're looking for
- NMC registered adult nurse - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- Experience within surgical pre-assessment
- Confidence in your knowledge of when to refer candidates
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional time management is key in this pressurised role
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Louise on [ Email address blocked ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.