Pre-Operative Assessment | Pre-Assessment | Band 5 dependent on experience | Parkway | Full time
Spire Parkway have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their Pre-Assessment team on a full-time basis.
Our dedicated hospital team is passionate about excellent patient care and we offer a range of specialist treatments to patients across Birmingham, Warwickshire and the West Midlands. This includes diagnostic services, rehabilitation, cutting-edge surgical procedures and excellence in specialist fields like orthopedics, women’s health, and cancer care. We have 51 bedrooms and five operating theatres.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assessing pre-operative patients and ensuring they are prepared for surgery including dealing with blood results and ECGs.
- Responsible for providing exemplary care for patients visiting the hospital for surgery.
- Working as part of a wider MDT team including surgeons and consultants.
Who we're looking for:
- You must be a qualified nurse with a minimum of 2 years post registration experience
- You hold a valid NMC pin with no conditions or restrictions
- You must have experience working in pre-operative assessment.
- Excellent communication skills
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Rebecca O’Neill on Rebecca.o’[ Email address blocked ] or 07885 708 488
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit