Pre-assessment | Surgical Wards| Equivalent Band 5 | Leeds | Flexible working hours full time– No nights. Weekend Enhancements.
Due to growth of service; Spire Leeds Hospital has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Nurse to join our fantastic Pre-Assessment unit. Working within a small team, you will use your Clinical skills to provide pre-assessment of our surgical patients. This is a unique role and we’re happy to train Community or Medical Nurses for the role.
Spire Leeds Hospital, located in Roundhay, Leeds, has been treating patients for almost 30 years. We are the region’s largest private hospital in terms of the range of services we offer and the number of consultants we work with.
Duties and responsibilities
The Successful nurse will pre-asses all planned surgical patients and work within the inpatient and day-case units. You will review and interpret patient questionnaires to provide the appropriate assessment and manage an individual caseload, present information to patients and communicate and build solid working relationships with consultants
Who we're looking for
- Be NMC registered - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- Have a minimum of 2 years clinical nursing experience – Hospital, community or medical.
- Have a range of nursing skills supported by professional and clinical knowledge.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform – discount and cashback for over 100 retailers
- Free annual Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
For further information about this role or if this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Grace Little on 07860407360 or email [ Link removed ]