Pre- Assessment Nurse | Part Time 15 – 22.5 hours per week| Monday – Friday |Occasional weekends Band 5 | Spire Yale Hospital | Wrexham
Spire Yale has an exciting opportunity for a registered nurse to join their busy pre-assessment team.
Spire Yale Hospital is one of North Wales’ leading private hospitals and we take pride in delivering high-quality care. We offer fast access to consultations with specialists in a wide range of treatments, supported by advanced imaging and diagnostic technology.
Spire Yale Hospital is located in Wrexham and has additional consulting rooms on the North Wales coast at Abergele. Wrexham is only 12 miles from Chester and 30-50 minutes from Liverpool and Manchester. There are direct train links to London with a journey time of just over 2 hours. The Snowdonia National Park and the North Wales Coast are on our doorstep! We take pride in delivering high-quality care to patients across North Wales and the Borders.
Spire Healthcare was announced as winner of the ‘Best Workplace for Learning and Development - Over 1,500 Nursing Staff category’ at the Nursing Times Workforce Summit & Awards 2021. The award recognised the introduction of a whole range of learning and development initiatives for clinical and non-clinical colleagues, including Spire’s new nurse apprenticeship programme.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To assess patient needs and plan care through mostly telephone, video consultations – 90% of the time with the occasional face to face consultations
- To be accountable for the delivery of safe care within the POA environment
- To work autonomously and independently in a timely manner
- To perform POA assessment which will involve taking a full medical/surgical history and be able to identify and escalate health issues to POA Manager/Consultant/Anaesthetist
- Ensure appropriate POA investigations are ordered within the decision making process and abnormal results escalated/actioned
- To accurately document and record observations which will include BP, pulse, temperature, height, weight and ECG
- Promote best practice in health and safety and security.
- Assist in maintaining and developing the POA service
Who we're looking for:
- You will be a Registered Nurse with NMC registration and no restrictions on your PIN
- Minimum of 6 months post-qualification experience
- Able to work independently
- Must be comfortable with using IT systems
- Competence across a range of skills, supported by professional and clinical knowledge acquired through state registration.
- A surgical background is desirable but we are happy to consider Nurses with an interest in developing their experience in this field.
- Phlebotomy trained is desirable, training will be provided.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications About Us
Welcome to Spire Healthcare Careers - Here at Spire Healthcare, caring is our passion. We have been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 25 years. Everything we do works towards one vision; to provide the best care possible. We’re committed to looking after people, both patients and staff. Join us, and you’ll receive a warm welcome.
Who are we? - A profitable, successful business led by an experienced and stable senior management team, we provide the highest quality of care through the latest medical technology, new facilities, and a focus on inspiring leadership and employee development.
- Assess Patient Needs
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Works
- Decision Making
- Occupational Safety And Health