Pre-Operative Assessment Nurse
At TTM Healthcare we are proud to have partnered with one of the UK's leading private hospitals groups who specialise in a range of medical and surgical interventions. They offer treatment across a whole range of specialties including General Surgery, ENT, Urology and Orthopaedics. They have an available opportunity for a Registered Nurse to work in one of their hospital's based in Surrey. If you think the position is right for you, let's talk!
The overall responsibility within this role to work across their busy Pre-Assessment department, pre-assessing patients pre operation for surgery.
Working alongside the Senior Staff Nurses as a Pre-Operative Assessment Nurse in the unit you will be responsible for ensuring the right standard of care is provided to all patients at all time and that they received a comprehensive and quality service. You will have an innate ability to quickly identify any pre surgery concerns or possible complications that could arise and work to ensure that patients are at optimum health when admitted for surgery. You will call out these assessments on a daily basis either face to face of over the phone ensuring all required documentation is completed. As the Pre-Operative Assessment Nurse you will work closely with other departments within the hospital i.e admissions to ensure that all aspects of the patients surgery and admission to hospital is adequately organised. You will also ensure that the patient is fully briefed on every aspect of their hospital admission.
To be eligible for the role, you will need to:
• Be an NMC registered nurse with experience of working in a pre-assessment or surgical setting
• Have a passion for high quality patient safety and care
• Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations
• Have the willingness to undergo further training and development to broaden your skill set
• Be a caring and compassionate nurse with strong attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure.
• Adapt easily to new situations and be able to build strong working relationships within the team
You will enjoy the following benefits:
• 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holiday
• Free onsite car park
• GP services
• Life Assurance
• Season Ticket Loan
• Eye Test
• Childcare Vouchers
• Gym Membership
• Continued professional development
Salary:£28,000 - £34,000
Apply now for a call back to discuss the role in more detail
TTM Healthcare is an Equal Opportunities Employer