Pre-Operative Assessment Nurse | Pre-Op assessment | Band 5 dependent on experience | Tollerton, Nottingham | Full Time
Spire Nottingham has an exciting opportunity for a registered nurse to join their growing and fast-paced pre-operative assessment team.
Spire Nottingham Hospital is the only CQC Outstanding rated private hospital in Nottinghamshire and we are committed to delivering excellent individual care from the first time a patient contacts us until after their treatment is complete. Our state of the art, purpose built hospital located in Tollerton, has 42 private ensuite rooms, 4 theatres including a hybrid theatre, a 5 bed Critical Care Unit, a minor ops suite in Outpatients, 11 day case beds, endoscopy suite, on-site MRI, CT, X-ray, ultrasound and mammography, physiotherapy, pharmacy and 300 free car parking spaces.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Working in a fast paced nurse led pre assessment service alongside two lead anaesthetists.
- Assessing pre-operative patients and ensuring patients are optimised for surgery including dealing with blood results and ECGs.
- Responsible for providing exemplary care for patients visiting the hospital for surgery.
- Working as part of a wider MDT team including surgeons, anaesthetists and consultants.
Who we're looking for:
- You must be a qualified nurse with experience in Pre-Assessment or a similar setting
- You must hold a valid NMC pin with no conditions or restrictions
- The candidate will need to have excellent communication skills and be keen to develop your patient assessment, decision making and clinical skills.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Rebecca on [ Link removed ] m
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit