We are looking for a Preceptorship Registered Mental Health Nurse with a passion for delivering the best quality of care.
You will be working on average 42 hours per week at Cygnet Nield House.
Cygnet Nield House in Crewe is our new 30-bed mental health hospital for women. This service will provide a robust personcentred programme of care for women presenting with high risk needs and who may demonstrate difficulties with engagement or motivation with therapeutic programmes.
Your programme includes...
- Support from Cygnet’s Preceptorship Development Manager
- Minimum two shifts per week working with your nominated preceptor
- Preceptee supernumery 1st week on ward
- Monthly CPD Days off the ward (specialist and general)
- Clinical supervision, minimum 1 session per month
- Managerial supervision, minimum 1 session per month
- Preceptee Group Meetings on site and across the Cygnet group
- Certificate and letter of completion
- Excellent training opportunities
An action plan will then be created by you and your preceptor for the following six months to enhance identified strengths and address areas of development, taking you to your first annual appraisal.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Flexible shift patterns
- Plus many more
You will have…
- Newly qualified Registered General Nurse / RGN with a current Pin Number.
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983 and latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
- An interest in leadership, research and assessment
- Ward specific experience e.g. Personality Disorder.
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
Cygnet Nield House will be split into two distinct wards, each offering specialist mental health services:
Clarion Ward, a 15 bed highly specialised service for women with a personality disorder and co-morbid disordered eating.
Compton Ward, a 15 bed acute service for women. The service will provide a safe and stabilising environment for women who are experiencing an acute episode of mental illness and require an emergency admission.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
Click the link to apply or alternatively email your CV to [ Email address blocked ]
Mental Health Act 1983
Hardworking And Dedicated